Free driving lessons through the Government’s keys2drive program
keys2drive is a revolutionary approach to learning road safety and the free driving lesson is an opportunity for learner drivers, driving instructors and parent/supervisors to learn together. We are accredited keys2drive instructors and encourage our students to take part in this exciting, Government funded initiative aimed at teaching driver safety for beginner drivers.
About the program
Your free keys2drive free lesson goes for 60 minutes. During this time our accredited keys2drive driving instructor will explain the keys2drive learning approach called ‘Find Your Own Way’ and offer examples of how it can be used when learning to drive. The remaining lesson time includes a practical demonstration of these skills being used and taught, and you will be driving.
Learner drivers will receive training in the best ways to practice, helping them gain the confidence they need to prepare for safe P plate driving and beyond.
The keys2drive free lesson is not intended to replace normal driving lessons. It should complement them by empowering learner drivers to become safer drivers.
There are benefits for parents and supervisors who will come away with tools to help their learner drivers achieve a good foundation for lifelong safe driving.
It is recommended that the learner has had around 10 hours driving experience before attending the keys2drive lesson.
Who is eligible
- The learner driver must hold an Australian learners permit
- The learner drivers fully licenced supervising driver (normally mum, dad, family member or a friend) must attend the entire 60 minute keys2drive free lesson
- Overseas licence holders upgrading to an Australian licence are not eligible for a keys2drive free lesson
- If you have held a full drivers licence in Australia or overseas, then you are not eligible for the keys2drive free lesson
- If a learner driver’s supervising driver holds a full international licence they may attend the free lesson with their learner. However we strongly recommend checking with your states licencing authority to ensure you are legally allowed to supervise a learner driver in Australia or you may risk prosecution.
- P Plate drivers upgrading from Automatic to Manual are not eligible for a keys2drive free lesson
What you should bring to your keys2drive lesson
- Both the learner driver and their parent/supervisor need to attend the free lesson.
- Parents/supervisors must bring a current Australian’s full driver’s licence.
- Learner drivers need to bring their learner’s permit/learner licence, and Free Lesson ID.
Book a keys2drive lesson
Complete the form below to book in for a keys2drive free driving lesson. Once received, we’ll contact you for more information and to arrange a suitable driving lesson time.